What is Kitzvat Yeladim?
Once your child is registered with Bituach Leumi, you are eligible to receive kitzvat yeladim, a monthly child stipend. Each month, you will receive payment of about 150 NIS per child into your bank account. Kitzvat yeladim can be received only through an Israeli bank account that lists the mother as the owner or shared owner. This stipend is paid irrespective of income. For an approximation of the total amount you should be receiving for kitzvat yeladim, access Bituach Leumi’s online kitzvat yeladim calculator.
If you obtained the child’s teudat leidah (Israeli birth certificate) within a month of his birth, you can receive kitzvat yeladim retroactively for up to a year preceding your child’s Bituach Leumi registration. If you got it after that, if the child was born outside of Israel or if you apply when the child is over one year old, you will probably receive only three months of retroactive payments.
Please note: if your child resides outside of Israel for a period of over three months, your kitzvat yeladim stipend will automatically cease. After he returns to Israel, notify Bituach Leumi to reinstate payments.
It is now possible to apply online for kitzvat yeladim for a child who is already a member of Bituach Leumi.
The application should be submitted from the העלאת מסמכים section of the mother’s online Bituach Leumi account.
To create an online account for Bituach Leumi follow the instructions here. If you are a foreigner and do not possess a mispar zehut, you may create an online account using your Bituach Leumi number instead of a mispar zehut. In lieu of תאריך הנפקת תעודת הזהות, use the date of expiry of your most recent visa.
- Under פעולות באתר on the side of the page, choose העלאת מסמכים.
- For נושא choose ילדים
- For קטגוריה choose תביעות/ טפסים
- For מסמך choose תביעה לקצבת ילדים
- Click to upload your documents:
Save the following documents as one PDF. It may need to be compressed if it is too large to upload.
- This form (BL5025). For an elucidated version, see here.
- A copy of the child’s passport and visa
- Daf knisot v’yetziot for all family members – This is a document showing a person’s entries and exits. This must be obtained in person from Misrad Hapnim. You do not need an appointment and can go Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8 am – 12pm, Monday/Wednesday 2:30 – 5 pm. All adults (age 18+) need to be present to receive theirs. Children do not need to come.
Please note: Bituach Leumi often accepts the application with only dapei knisot v’yetziot for one parent and the child who is applying.
4. For first child only: proof of bank account in mother’s name with account number; e.g. a void check
A few days after submitting the request, send a query from the צור קשר section of your account inquiring about the status of your application.
For נושא הפניה choose קצבת ילדים.
You should receive a response within a few days.
If you cannot access your online account, the application can be sent in one PDF file via שליחת מסמכים on Bituach Leumi’s homepage.