As of May 15, this process has changed- see here.
Foreign citizens are currently barred from entering Israel. It is unknown when this ban will end.
(If immediate family members are Israeli citizens, click here.)
Student visa holders who can demonstrate that their lives are centered in Israel may submit a request for permission to enter Israel. Email the following documents to your nearest embassy or consulate, or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at email@example.com.
- Download this form and this form. Fill them in separately for each applicant.
- Add whatever proof of residence in Israel you may have, such as Bituach Leumi, arnona bill student visas, etc.
- Copies of each applicants passports and visas.
- A copy of a valid flight ticket to Israel NOTE: Despite the difficulty involved, this is mandatory, and your application will not be considered without it.
- Letter from your academic institution certifying that they have gone back giving frontal (in person) lessons, with a starting date. NOTE: This is a new requirement which is problematic for families who reside in Israel with student visas, but whose institution has not yet opened. We are currently addressing this matter with government officials.
Not all requests from student visa holders are accepted.
Bear in mind that all passengers arriving in Israel must quarantine for 14 days. If you have a suitable location, you may quarantine at home. Otherwise, you will be taken to a government run quarantine hotel. For more information on this, please see here.
(Last updated: May 12, 2020)