Published April 8, 2021 7:02 AM IST
Many foreigners residing in Israel are eligible to join Bituach Leumi, Israel׳s National Insurance. Many vital services are provided through Bituach Leumi, such as health insurance, child subsidies, unemployment and much more. Registering for Bituach Leumi is a crucial, but often confusing, bit of Israeli bureaucracy.
Now, thanks to Chaim V’Chessed’s tireless advocacy, there is no longer any need to appear in person to register or add a child to Bituach Leumi. Mrs. Chana R. Rothstein of Chaim V’Chessed’s Bureaucratic Department outlines the process, below:
* Applications can be completed online, here. You must obtain a Daf Knisot V’Yetziot from Misrad HaPnim which must be submitted with your request.
* Please note: When applying for multiple family members, a separate form must be submitted on behalf of each person. After completing each page, click on לשלב הבא to continue to the next step.
* In Step 2, you will be asked for the subject of your request: אני מגיש את הטופס עבור נושא. Choose: תלמיד ישיבה או בן משפחתו המבקשים לקבוע תושבות וחברות בקופת חולים, מיועד לבעלי אשרות א/2/A א/4/A.
* You will then need to select on whose behalf you are submitting this application: self, spouse, child, etc. You should enter the applicant’s details and the details of the applicant’s parents. Note: When applying for a family member of an existing member of Bituach Leumi, enter the parent’s 77 number from Bituach Leumi as their ID number, and choose מספר מזהה זמני בביטוח לאומי.
* When applying for an adult, you will also need to prove that you are a current resident of Israel in Step 4.
* For the first question: -אני שוהה בישראל ל choose: למגורי קבע בישראל.
* If you are a student, choose from the following documents (you can choose as many as apply).
- A letter from your institution that states that you are a student (אישור לימודים)
- A rental contract of a home (חוזה שכירות בישראל)
- A purchase contract of a home (בעלות על דירה בישראל)
Based on the responses in your application, you will see a list of documents which need to be uploaded. After uploading all of the required documentation, you may submit the request.
It can take 4-6 weeks to receive a response, although it may be as short as 2 weeks.
For technical assistance (with uploading documents etc.), call 1299. To inquire about the status of your request, call *6050.
Note that there is a reference number in the top right corner of your application called סימוכין: Save this number! You can save your request before it is complete by clicking on the word שמירה at the top of the page. After verifying your phone number and email address, you will be given a code with which you can access the form at a later time.
To obtain a Daf Knisot V’Yetziot, Misrad HaPnim is currently open during morning hours. You can make an appointment on myvisit.com (at רשות האוכלוסין וההגירה for any of the services under תיעוד ביומטרי.) If you cannot obtain one, you may try to be seen without an appointment, Sunday – Thursday from 8am – 12pm.