As per yesterday’s update, the entry of foreigners from the UK, Denmark and South Africa was stopped suddenly and indefinitely.
Today, after countless hours of discussion, the Israeli Corona Cabinet has finally come to some definitive conclusions regarding the entry of flights to Israel, for Israeli citizens and for foreigners.
Here is what has been decided:
- Foreigners from all countries are immediately banned from entering Israel. This includes those who have already received entry permits, and is effective immediately. Chaim V’Chessed has learned that even those who manage to board flights to Israel will be barred from entering, and will be returned to their countries of origin.
- Entry permits will not be granted at this time for students, or those coming for simchas or medical emergencies. We are seeking clarification regarding travelers coming for funerals.
- As of Wednesday, December 23rd at 2 pm, Israeli citizens returning from all countries will be required to quarantine in government hotels for 10 days (after performing 2 Covid tests) or for 14 days (without testing).
- Israeli citizens entering Israel in the next 48 hours will require home quarantine and will be guided towards Corona testing in their neighborhood within 48 hours. Quarantine will last for 10 days after two negative tests and for 14 days with no testing.
- Anyone found positive for Covid amongst those returning from abroad – from any country – will require quarantine in a government-run hotel.
The above decision will stay in effect for the next 10 days, with an option for extension.