As we reported on Friday, May 22, a new arrangement has been established allowing the entry of of student visa holders into Israel. See letter from Interior Minister Aryeh Deri, here.
The primary intent of this arrangement is the return of student visa families, whose center of life is in Israel. While there is also mention of single students, the rules suggested for that group are cumbersome and challenging, and most institutions may not be capable of fulfilling them. We believe that after the bottleneck of families waiting to enter Israel is cleared, and conditions improve further, the process for single students will be eased, as well.
Furthermore, it should be noted that the new arrangement relates only to students who previously lived in Israel and hold valid student visas. Persons seeking to come study in Israel are not addressed by this plan.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE MOST RECENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Institutions are to apply on behalf of their students. Individuals should not contact the Ministry. You must apply in bulk for sizable groups of students, as opposed to a few at a time.
The requirements are:
- Institutions should apply, in bulk, for groups of students, by filling out this Excel sheet. Names should be in English, as they appear on passports.
- Download this sample letter and paste into your institution’s letterhead. It must be signed by the head of your institution.
- Fill out and sign this form
- Submit a copy of each passenger’s passport
- Email these materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
These are the most recent official requirements. As is common in Israel, the details change frequently.
(Last Updated: Dec 20, 2020 11:20 AM)