Chaim V’Chessed takes no responsibility for any delays or issues one may encounter with one of the following vendors. Clients choose to be serviced by companies at their own discretion.
Updated May 1, 2022
On February 8, Israel canceled its requirement for unvaccinated travelers to take a negative PCR test before leaving Israel. Many destination countries still require Covid tests, so make sure you are familiar with the requirements for entry.
In the rules for entering the US released on November 8, 2021, entry to the US can be with presentation of either a negative PCR test or an antigen test. From December 6, results need to be from no more than one calendar day before the flight (the date of the flight plus the day before). This means that if you are leaving Israel after midnight, your test must be taken the “day” you leave.
If you do not have a Tav Yarok and require one for a specific venue, a rapid antigen test can be taken to gain entry to events. Upon receipt of negative results you can obtain a Tav Yarok on the ramzor website which is valid for 24 hours. Tests are free for children aged 3 -11 years in specific locations, such as MADA, and some locations of Ichud Hatzala.
Below are some Covid testing locations. Many more testing locations can be found at www.coronatestisrael.com
The cost of tests vary widely and change periodically. Additionally, locations open and close intermittently. Please check with the individual providers before arriving for testing .
For those who do not have smartphones/ texting, the simplest options in Jerusalem are the top three. Other locations might send results by text or require you to pre-register online.
- Ichud Hatzalah offers Corona testing (both antigen and PCR) in Jerusalem, Ohaliav St. 2, open 24/6 – from one and a half hours after Shabbos until Friday, 12 pm; Bnei Brak, Shlomo Hamelech St. 9, open Sun-Thurs 9am-9pm, Friday 9am-12pm and Beit Shemesh, Yonah Ben Amitai St. 34 – open Sun-Thurs 9am-9pm, Friday 9am-12pm and on Motzai Shabbos from one and a half hours after Shabbos until midnight; Airport City, Hagolan1, open Sun-Thurs 7am-9pm, Friday 9am-12pm and on Motzai Shabbos from one and a half hours after Shabbos until midnight. To find the location, enter “United Hatzalah Testing Airport City” into Waze. There is no need to make an appointment. Results of PCR tests will be given within 24 hours, in English and will show the passport number on the results. Antigen test results are ready in about 20 minutes, and can be used for travel to the US, or a Tav Yarok good for 24 hours. They offer free antigen testing for eligible individuals at some of their locations. They also provide a home testing service. Their email is PCR@1221.org.il. Their phone number is *9034 or 02-622-0482.
- TEREM now offers antigen testing in most of their locations. If you state that it is for travel, they will give results in English, available within a half hour. You can enter your personal information on their website before going, for expedited service. For more information, please call 1599-520-520. TEREM in Jerusalem, located at Sarei Yisroel 15, is open 24/7.
- Refuit Clinic on Chiram Street, Jerusalem does corona testing (both antigen and PCR). PCR Results are usually ready within 24 hours. There is a speedy option where you can receive results within 12 hours, for a steeper price. They are open Sunday-Thursday 8:30am-9:30pm and Motzai Shabbos from an hour after Shabbos until11:00pm. Their phone number is 02-5668888.
- MADA in conjunction with Ichilov Well offers Corona testing (both antigen and PCR) in many locations around Israel. PCR results will be sent to one’s email, in English, guaranteed within 24 hours. Antigen results are given in Hebrew and may not be accepted by airlines for flying. Appointments for PCR tests must be scheduled online on their website. Use their page in Hebrew as the English page is often not accurate.
- AID Genomics offers Corona testing in many locations around Israel. Results will be emailed, in English, guaranteed within 24 hours. Appointments must be scheduled online on their website. After you schedule and pay for your appointment, you will receive a receipt with a barcode by email, which must be presented at the testing site. Their phone number is *2073. UPDATE: A new testing site in Jerusalem (Har Hotzvim), and one near the airport, now offer rapid- PCR testing with results within 6 hours.
- Be Pharmacy offers PCR testing in many locations around Israel. Results will be sent to one’s email, in English, by 10 AM the next day. No appointments are necessary. You must bring a valid passport to the testing center for ID.
- SuperPharm offers antigen testing in many of their stores around Israel. No appointments are necessary. You should receive results within 20 minutes. You do need a smartphone to use this service.
- Pikud Haoref is once again offering Corona tests. See their website for an updated list of testing locations. Tests results are given within 48 hours. These tests are free of charge, but results may state ‘not for travel’. They can be used for exiting quarantine.
- Check2fly used to offer Corona tests for departing passengers in Ben Gurion Airport. They are no longer located in the airport, but do have a testing location in Airport City, in addition to other testing locations around the country. They will only test for departing passengers, arriving passengers wishing to shorten their quarantine, or those who present a reservation for a hotel stay. Appointments should be made on their website. Test results are also received through the website. Their phone number is 0765300873, email email@example.com. The quick test gives results within 4 hours and can be taken 7-72 hours before departure. The slow test gives results within 14 hours and can be taken 17-72 hour before departure. Their website gives more information on locations and services available.
- There are hospitals around the country who also offer corona tests: Click here for more information.
IN THE AIRPORT :
- Before Departure (also can be used if you need a quick result to exit quarantine on arrival): Test2Fly offers PCR testing in Parking Lot 28 at the airport, with drive-through and walk-in options. They are open 24/7. Registration online is mandatory. They offer results in 14 hours or a quick test with results in 4 hours (temporarily unavailable- check first). Only passengers with flights in the next 72 hours or passengers who just landed are eligible to test with them.
- On Arrival: Test&Go by FEMI offers Corona tests for arriving passengers in Ben Gurion Airport. To schedule an appointment, visit their website, WhatsApp +972522822170, email firstname.lastname@example.org. One can order a serological test in the same booking, applicable for those who are vaccinated with the Sputnik vaccine.
In the event that test results are not written in English, one can send an email to Misrad Habriut at email@example.com. Write a brief request including your name and the I.D. number on which the test is registered. Attach a copy of the passport/ Teudat Zehut. This can be done for any test where the results are registered in Misrad Habriut.
Disclaimer: Though the information on this page is updated regularly, Chaim V’Chessed takes no responsibility for its accuracy. Please be aware that information changes frequently and inexplicably, with little or no warning. Additionally, Chaim V’Chessed assumes no liability for any delays or issues one may encounter with any of the above vendors. Information is provided solely for informative purposes, and in no way constitutes a recommendation of any service or company.