Early Friday, the government announced new measures to combat the growing spread of Coronavirus infection. The government established a number of new rules, effective for the next 45 days, These rules include:
- There will be a lockdown each weekend, starting from 5PM on Friday, until 5AM on Sunday. Non-essential stores must close during these times. THIS WILL BEGIN ON JULY 24.
- Restaurants will be closed under further notice, though they may sell takeout food or make deliveries. (Restaurants in hotels may stay open, but only up to 35% capacity.)
- Indoor gatherings, including shuls, are limited to 10 people. Outdoors, up to 20 people may gather. This does not apply to places of employment and nuclear families.
- Government offices will be limited to 50% capacity, and will mostly be closed to the public. CHAIM V’CHESSED WILL ISSUE UPDATES ON GOVERNMENT OFFICE HOURS WHEN THE INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
- Decisions have not yet been made regarding educational institutions and camps. A decision is expected at the beginning of next week.
- At this time, there are no limitations on leaving home.