Updated: Wednesday, December 23, 11:08 PM IST
The saga of entry limitations to Israel goes on. Chaim V’Chessed continues to work tirelessly to clarify the ever evolving rules of entry to Israel and quarantine requirements. Additionally, our staff has been advocating, non-stop, for various changes to the rules, with several notable successes. Our thanks to numerous officials who have helped this effort. Special thanks to the unparalleled Rabbi David Kushner of Amudim, and Rabbi Nechemya Malinowitz, the indefatigable head of the Igud, for their invaluable assistance.
The following is a summary of the most current regulations.
- Student visa holders whose center of life is in Israel will be issued entry permits. Their institutions must apply on their behalf.
- Student visa holders whose center of life is in Israel from England, S. Africa and Denmark will be issued entry permits. However, airlines are still fully appraised of this rule, and may deny boarding.
- Single students will not be issued entry permits.
- Singles, from most countries, holding previously issued permits will hopefully be permitted to enter.
- UPDATED: Singles traveling from England, S. Africa and Denmark will not be allowed to enter Israel at this point in time. We do not recommend that they attempt to board flights, as they are liable to be returned to their countries of origin.
- Married students without valid, up to date visas will not be issued permits.
Applications for the following categories must be done thru the nearest embassy or consulate:
- Non Israeli Spouses or Children of Israeli citizens: May apply for permits, which will be given in certain circumstances, see further details here.
- Lone Soldiers: Immediate family members of soldiers will be issued entry permits.
- Weddings: Only the chosson or kalla and their parents will be issued entry permits.
- Funerals: Only avelim (not their spouses) will be allowed to enter Israel – for a period of up to 24 hours only; they will not be permitted to remain for shiva.
- Medical Emergencies: These cases will be examined by a board, which will be extremely stringent about granting permission, in exceptional cases only.
ALL TRAVELERS ARRIVING AFTER 10PM TONIGHT WILL BE COMPELLED TO QUARANTINE IN GOVERNMENT HOTELS.
(See Latest Quarantine Information HERE – Updated Dec. 24)
- Travelers with children under 10 years old will be permitted to quarantine at home. It is unclear who this refers to, we are seeking clarification.
- Pregnant women will permitted to quarantine at home.
- Children under 17, traveling alone, will be allowed to qurantine at home.
- The elderly will be permitted to quarantine at home. It is unclear from what age, we are seeking clarification.
- Those with an approved Health Ministry מכתב מחלים will not need to quarantine.
- There will be a ועדת חריגים (special board) at the airport which will grant permission for home quarantine for exceptional circumstances.
More information may be found at this recent update from the Interior Ministry (Hebrew). Please note that the English version of the page is NOT updated with this recent information. We have appealed to the Interior Ministry to immediately post an up to date English version. We have even offered that Chaim V’Chessed staff will provide translations.
THIS IS THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION. RULES CAN, AND WILL, CHANGE RAPIDLY. SUBSCRIBE TO OUR UPDATES BY CLICKING HERE